Karina Barreto Villela, Fraunhofer – IESE and EU Coordinator of Rescuer Project
Aims to develop a smart and interoperable computer- based solution for supporting emergency & crisis management, with a special focus on incidents in industrial areas & large-scale events, benefiting all players in an emergency situation.
From 01-10-2013 to 31-10-2016
OBJECTIVES & FOCUS
- Targeted and appropriate, in terms of risk exposure, interaction with the crowd at the place of the incident.
- Semi-automatic aggregation & analysis of multimedia data.
- Optimised combination of intuitive metaphors for visualisation and manipulation of information.
- Semi-automated, but customised to the target audience communication of the incident.
- Ad-hoc communication among people in the crowd.
- New trend in the market: Smart & wireless platform; plethora of data sources, semi-automated analysis.
- Results with potential for becoming
de-facto standards: UI guidelines &
interaction model; reference architecture
and ad-hoc communication.
- Reduction of adverse consequences in people‘s lives (economy & environment).
- Better image of the incident due to usage of modern technologies: effective and efficient emergency & crisis management.
Reliable and Smart CrowdSourcing Solution for Emergency and Crisis Management
Brazilian Grant No: 490084/2013-3 MCTI/CNPq Nº 13/2012