Dr Markus Eisenhauer, Fraunhofer FIT. European Coordinator of IMPReSS project.
Provide a Systems Development Platform which enables the rapid and cost effective development of mixed criticality complex systems involving Internet of Things and Services (IoTS) and at the same time facilitate interplay with users and external systems. IMPReSS platform focused on energy efficiency systems addressing the reduction of energy usage and CO2 footprint in public buildings, enhancing the intelligence of monitoring and control systems as well as stimulating user energy awareness.
From 01-09-2013to 31-03-2016
OBJECTIVES & FOCUS
- Support intelligent society through wider adoption of intelligent ICT systems.
- Significantly reduce the complexity and cost of developing intelligent systems.
- Enbable cost effective deployment of the Internet of Things.
- Increase energy efficiency awareness among smart society through deployment of pilots.
- Reduction of the overall cost of application development and avoidance of vendor lock-in.
- Reduction of the gateway and server requirements costs to 1/10th.
- Reduction of 60%-70% of the learning phase of novice developers in developing IoT applications.
- Reduction of ad-hoc developments of data analysis algorythms which require a lot of effort.
- Increase of energy efficiency and awareness on the pilot sites.
- Increase of the adoption of IoT open standard.
project PILOT Video - AMazonas theatre
project PILOT Video - classroom scenario
Intelligent System Development Platform for Intelligent and Sustainable Society
The Brazilian funding was provided by CNPq Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico.