1. Apply the new exascale HPC techniques to improve exploration of 3 different energy industries : wind, biomass-derived fuels and geophysics for hydrocarbon reservoirs
2. Efficient use of the future 100 Petaflops and Exaflop systems
3. Benefit the energy sector from mature energy-oriented simulation toolsets
4. Benefit vendors from production-ready demonstrators that justify the need of supercomputers
OBJECTIVES & FOCUS
- Design the best possible spatial design
for onshore & offshore wind farms
- Predict energy throughputs with local weather forecasts
- Enable using larger turbines
- Describe performance of biomass fuel
blends on practical combustion
- Improve design of combustion engines
- Exascale-level computational kernels.
- Exploration risk reduction through uncertainty quantification.
- Industry-driven benchmarks for geophysical imaging.
Wind farm design and short-term micro-scale wind simulations to forecast the daily power production and reduce CO2 targets.
Predict the performance of different biomass-derived fuels in practical systems.
Obtain detailed images of deep hydrocarbon reservoirs.
HPC for Energy
Brazil and Europe