Iara Machado, RNP’s Adjunct Director of R&D
Prepare the next generation of researchers to deal with the challenges of evolving the current Internet.
From 01-06-2011 to 31-07-2014
OBJECTIVES & FOCUS
- Build a Future Internet testbed in Brazil, federated with other worldwide testbed initiatives.
- Provide a large scale platform to promote Future Internet research in Brazil and the region.
- Encourage educators to use the testbed for network classes to foster a new generation of researchers.
- Platform for experimentation and education on computer networks, built on top of FIBRE’s project legacy infrastructure and operated as a service for the academic community.
- A testbed service, integrated to major testbed infrastructures worldwide, operated by the Brazilian NREN.
project factsheet (portuguese)
From brazilian side, it received funding by CNPq.